Mr (Shri) T Vijay Kumar
IAS, Former Special Chief Secretary to Government & Advisor to Government of Andhra Pradesh
Retired as Spl. Chief Secretary to Govt of A.P ( Agriculture Dept)
At present, Advisor to Govt of A.P for Agriculture & Cooperation, and, in
charge of implementation of Natural farming in A.P
B.Sc, Hons, Physics (1972-75), and, M.B.A, Delhi University (1975-77).
Key assignments in Govt. service:
1. Managing Director, Girijan Coop Corporation, A.P - a tribal development
corporation from 1990 – 1995.
2. C.E.O, Society for Elimination of Rural Poverty (S.E.R.P), Govt of A.P for 10
years from 2000 – 2010. He was responsible for implementing a state wide
program of women empowerment for poverty eradication, with an outlay of
over Rs.26,000 million. The programme, was successful in organizing 11.5
million rural poor women into thrift and credit based self help groups, and
3. Govt. of India 2010 – 2015. As Jt.Secretary, Ministry of Rural Development and
the first Mission Director, National Rural Livelihoods Mission (N.R.L.M), a
flagship program of Govt of India for rural poverty eradication through
organizing and empowerment of women.
4. Special Chief Secretary, Agriculture in Govt. of A.P. from April 2015 to
September, 2016. Responsible for implementing several innovative programs in
Agriculture. He was in charge Vice Chancellor, Agricultural University of the
state from Feb 2016 till Sept 2016.
5. At present, Advisor to Govt. of A.P for Agriculture and Co-operation. He is
in charge of implementation of Natural farming in the State. He is now involved
in a programme of covering 500,000 farmers from 1500 villages in A.P to adopt
climate resilient ‘zero budget natural farming’ (ZBNF). This is under
implementation from 2016 - 17 and will be completed by 2021-22. The goal of
this program is to make farm livelihoods climate change resilient, and
viable, both in the short run and in the long run.